Monday, May 30, 2005

...said Augustine

Everlasting God, in whom we live and move and have our being:
You have made us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they rest in You.

~Augustine



I was deeply moved when the first time I heard this prayer. It reminded me the life before I became a christian. Like a drifter, I had no destination. More than hundreds of times, I asked myself where would be my home, where I should go, and why I was here.

My friends thought I should have been a bird in my last life, if there had been a last life. I don't want to be a bird. Most of the time, I was tired of fighting with the crowds and found nowhere to rest. Until I became a christian, things changed day by day. I knew that I was not lonely because "home is where someone loves you".

God loves me, so I have home.
God loves me, so I have the place to rest.
God loves me, so I have courage to move on.
Though I haven't known where to go for my studying, I don't worry about that.
I will wait with patience and joy~

2 comments:

Laurent said...

Hi there,
Try the very same prayer replacing "god" by "I" or "Somebody I don't know yet"...
How does it sounds to you ?
Laurent

Teresa said...

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your suggestion.
I will never change my prayer.
If you have ever experienced Him, you would agree with me.

Teresa